Friday, October 7, 2011

Visit to the Library

Today on our small field trip to the library I learned a lot of useful tool I can use when I need to create a lesson and many other things. The first thing we did was look at the supply of books the library had for educational purposes. They had a small section with children's books, as well as old text books, and lesson planning guides that can help us in the future wuth creating a lesson plan or understanding a subject more. Then the librarian showed us how we could access many education sites, journals, articles, and magazines through the SPC library data base. She showed us a section that was just for education majors, which was really neat. There were sites there for the praxis, as well as links to many different websites that include lesson plans that teachers share with other teachers. The ERIC database is also very useful for all the items and information you need for education. All in all I am glad I saw everythign that I did. It makes it easier now to look for specific things through the library data base instead of just on google.

No comments:

Post a Comment